Thursday, April 28, 2011

Top Priorities First!

Okay... It's been a long while since I wrote here.

I'm just laughing my ass out loud when I looked at my calendar, because when I wrote this, it is nearing dusk of April 28, 2011--and tomorrow is the Royal Wedding between Prince William and Catherine "Kate" Middleton. What's special about this, anyway?

For me, except if you're having an interest to the House of Winsdor (a.k.a., the Royal Family), I find this nonsense. Before the Eastern Sunset tells you why and what should be given more media exposure, and I agree with its blogger. Why give much ado to a personality that wasn't part of Philippine history, anyway? Why cover a pompous Anglican wedding when one of Christ's Vicars is about to be venerated by His Church--the Catholic Church--as a holy man? I see Pope John Paul II's beatification way more meaningful than the so-called "Royal Wedding of the Century". And as a Filipino, it is more meaningful because he was part of history compared to a Crown Prince who fell in love with his best friend in college.

Now for the people I look up to the most (yes, the people in the media), why not assess what coverage should be prioritized. Remember the old saying: "First things first" (yet I doubt if they really know what are their top priorities). If you really are for the truth, even if sometimes it is too vague a term, don't just focus on the sensational; in other words, lagyan nyo naman ng iba. We respect your dedication of giving the news to the majority, but sometimes, it's always the same crap; so please, minimize some emphasis on things that are considered sidetracks.

And to make it clear, I look forward to Pope John Paul II's beatification on May 1.

(April 29, 2011)
Anyway, I react with this.... Bloody hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Heads' Up!