Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Holy Week Correspondence and the Past Weeks

It's been a long time since I blogged, and many things happened since my last post. Anyway, let's do a pahapyaw on the things that happened....

First is that I Oppose the RH Bill has already reached more than 15,000 likes, while its Facebook archnemesis--I Support the RH Bill--has now lagged behind by more or less 500 likes. Looks like it's going to be in favor of the Pro-Lifers. (And yeah, I almost forgot.... I guess "Kuya Kim" Atienza is one of them because his late-night program "Krusada" on ABS-CBN featured the Pro-Life stance; and maybe because his father, former Manila Mayor and DENR Secretary Lito Atienza is one of them.)

On the other side of the battlefield, the Pro-RH (and may I call them as Pro-Death) people are still insisting on passing this controversial bill; but after that A-Day Prayer Rally, it looks like there could be a significant increase of them who deserted it because they came to their senses or for any reason. Either way, that is still a speculation. And to add in the Pro-Death camp, a number of residents in Barangay Ayala Alabang Village in Muntinlupa protested against the ordinance that restricts the use of contraceptives IF used without a physician's prescription. And it no less than Lea Salonga who graced the event--herself a staunch supporter.


Now, because it is Holy Week, and I'm somehow involved (as always) in the observances, I'll be laying low on all these things; but I will still be keeping in touch through photo correspondencies of the events that will transcribe in the Easter Triduum here in our place. So for now, may you always remember that the Lord died to inspire you to live life to the fullest and share the sufferings He made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Heads' Up!