Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Even Beauty Queens Believe in God...and in Dignity


Miss Philippines Shamcey Supsup 



Miss Universe 2011 and Miss Angola Leila Lopes


We have to laud Miss Philippines and Miss Universe 2011 3rd Runner-up Shamcey Supsup for her very Theist answer when she had her final push for the crown. 


She was asked by Vivica Fox if she would change her religion or religious views if it is because she would marry the man she loves. And this was her answer: 


"If I would have to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love. Because 
the first person that I love is God, who created me.

"I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. If the person loves me, 

he'll love my God too." 


Maybe this answer cost her opportunity for the crown. Some even say that the competition is biased or "lutong labanan"

Either way, it was a good answer.

Mind you, we are still speculating if Shamcey is a Catholic or not, but for sure, she is a Maroon. Being a crowd and online favorite is the best consolation a candidate may have. On the sidelines, Miss Universe 2011, Miss Angola Leila Lopes, also had a very good answer when Lea Salonga (yes.... that misguided woman became judge) asked her. I'll still find for what she answered.

For sure, Shamcey would be welcomed home a beauty queen...but not for neo-atheists and "freethinkers". We may say that they'll use women's rights as an excuse for her answer.

Shamcey Supsup may be a very weird name, maybe weirder than Venus Raj, but at least being 3rd Runner-up was a big leap from 4th Runner-up last year. Anyway, congratulations Ms. Shamcey! That answer you gave made us think that there are still beauty queens who believe in God and in dignity.

Anyway, my scoop about this pageant is purely accidental.

1 comment:

  1. this reminds us that the real & true answer may not be always popular... either way we are obliged to make a stand:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Heads' Up!